9.03.2009

dirty laundry

It's one of those days - I'm finding party goodness all over the internet.  

You have to check out this brilliant idea for a guest book from Etsy seller melangerie. It's beyond creative and so cute.



See what you get...

Decoratively air out the guest(s) of honor's "dirty laundry" at your next party by having attendees jot funny stories about the honoree on note cards shaped as t-shirts, tank tops, pants, and skirts. This kit includes the following packaged in a sweet mini laundry bag with space to fill-in your event date:

*40 note cards (10 t-shirts, 10 tank tops, 10 pants, 10 skirts) in a mix of moss, leaf, chartreuse and sage
*48 mini wooden clothespins (to clip up notes with)
*8 yards of clothesline
*1 coordinating prompt label that encourages guest's to write notes (shaped to fit on a 50 fluid oz. Tide detergent bottle)

I think this is a steal at $35.  Who wants a boring guestbook that folks just sign?  This is so much more meaningful for the guest of honor plus it becomes a part of your party as guests take time to write their notes and read the messages of others.  I love this!

4 comments:

Julie said...

These are such great ideas. My sister and I just found your blog when we did a search for "back to school" centerpiece ideas. Whenever I find a new blog that I love, I search through the archives to find any ideas I have missed. I noticed that last December you posted a picture of those cute snowman beverages and were looking for a source for the bottles. You may have already found it, but I originally saw that picture in Country Home's Holiday with Matthew Mead (2006) and he listed specialtybottle.com as his source. Look for "woozy" 12.5 oz bottles (Id code WZ12) for about .98 per bottle. Clearly, I thought those were adorable as well! Maybe this is the year I actually do it.

I don't know how to add a PDF file to a blog (I don't even really know how to blog, so there you go), but if I figure it out, I will let you know. I would love a closer look at some of the things that you have made, especially the Harry Potter stuff. My boys are still little, but I am hoping that someday I will get to plan fun "Potter Parties".

Thanks again for all of your fun ideas. I can't wait to see what's next! (I'm also a Halloween fanatic!)

Montserrat said...

BRILLIANT!!!!! I'm passing this on to my SIL who is throwing a 40th birthday party for her husband tomorrow. Not enough time to order one but maybe she can make it.

amy & lisa said...

What a cute idea!! :)

Morgan said...

This is the cutest idea! I love it!